A little about Margaret
I was born, raised, and still reside in the suburbs of Minneapolis, Minnesota. Being surrounded by ten thousand lakes means a love of all things water-related…and a deep hatred of mosquitos. After years spent in perpetual motion juggling a family and a career and loving every minute of it, some pesky health issues led to mandated down time and eventually resulted in me finally grabbing the laptop and putting some of the stories that had been alive and well—but relegated to a small spot in the recesses of my mind—down on paper. The outcome was my first published novel, Misty Lake.
That book turned into a five-book series, and writing became my full-time job. It's a path I never envisioned for myself, but one I love every day.
When I'm not writing, you'll find me reading, walking my dog, hiking, traveling when possible, and spending time with my family.
It is my sincere hope that you enjoy my writing.
Did you know?
- Is the oldest of three children
- Has been married for thirty-three years to her college sweetheart
- Has traveled to Switzerland twelve times
- Speaks German
- Loves dogs
- Loves cows almost as much as dogs
- Has two children
- Tries to enjoy every moment of the short Minnesota summers, but enjoys winter too
- Has been a hockey mom, baseball mom, swim mom, lacrosse mom, and softball mom
- Is a huge Minnesota Wild fan and hopes, every year, that this is the year
- Is a former high school cheerleader
- Loves to take pictures, but has no delusions she's any good at it
- Breaks out in a nervous sweat if there's not a book nearby waiting to be read
- Is crazy about the Rolling Stones
- Finds cooking relaxing and enjoyable, especially when someone else does the cleanup